This is an ideal position for a single person or a couple that want to live in a nice area and a grand house in Reykjavik.
You will live for free in this small guesthouse in exchange for looking after the house and the rental of some rooms to tourists. You will need to have some free time every day to keep the house clean and tidy. During the winter months we have very few tourists (most days none), in the summer season season most days we have some guests.
This is a part-time task that involves the following:
- Keep a daily check on the bookings and bill for rooms as and when needed. We have online systems for this that makes it an easy task to complete within a few minutes each day.
- Greet arriving guests and show them to their room. Some days we have nobody arriving, other days there can be more than one guest arriving. Guests normally arrive late afternoon or evening.
- Rooms are cleaned, duvet covers and towels are changed each time after guests leave, to make the room ready for next guests. This is usually done once pr. day for the rooms that have been vacated. If guests stay multiple nights the room is normally cleaned if requested or each 3 days.
- Keep the house, rooms and common areas, clean at all times. You need to check each day that everything is clean and tidy but you can carry out the cleaning any time during the day.
- The laundry for the rooms is done using our own washing machines in the house.
- Breakfast box. Some guests require breakfast and they can request it with their booking or the night before it is required. You may either in the morning or the night before, assemble items into a breakfast box, similar to airline breakfast, for guests wanting breakfast.
If you think this is something for you, please complete the application and we will contact you for further discussion.